Yes.Its exactly what you think.
I'm actually surprised I haven't written about this yet.The other day I went over to my cousin's farm house.Along the way I saw hundreds of those white-kurta-clad-self-appointed-neta-assistants that we are all too familiar with.I couldn't help wondering...who the fuck are these people?..where the fuck do they come from?...who the fuck are they supporting?...or representing?...or opposing?
Truth is, more often than not,they don't have a fucking clue!
Later in the day, I was hanging out with my cousin in the election area (it was some zila level election crap).We were supposed to vote for one of the candidates who happened to be related to us.I asked one of the "karyakartas" (party workers) :
"kaunse pe thappa marna hai?"
"khadi deewar"
"heh?" (I thought he was naming some b grade movie)
"khadi deewar"
We exchanged puzzled looks.The party worker was giving me the stink eye like I was the dumb-fuck!
My uncle came and explained that the sign we were looking for was a "standing wall".I wanna meet the genius who came up with this one.
I cannot blame people for being cynical about Indian politics,I am, in fact, one of them .Heck! I don't even expect people to try and change things, because I know it cannot be done.What I do want however is for us to get these dimwit-biker-boys off the 100 bucks a day payroll that they thrive on year after year,only to support both sides of the election.There are just too many of them.
I think there's a reason they have the same dress code for politicians and funerals.
Jai hind
No comments:
Post a Comment